Tuesday 28 July 2009

Meade Design Group Welcomes Tobi Fairley

Some of our readers may remember an interview I was lucky to have with Arkansas design talent, Tobi Fairley. Since the interview Tobi and I have been corresponding via our blogs, facebook, twitter and e-mail and have formed a modern pen-pal style friendship.


Tobi and others 051 Tobi Fairley, Iván Meade, Patricia Gray


When Tobi mentioned that she was visiting Vancouver and Canada for the first time with her husband, Carter, I knew we would have to take the opportunity to meet face-to-face. I invited Tobi to be the guest of honour at a brunch held at my home away from home, The Voya restaurant at The Loden Hotel.


Tobi and others 039

Echito setting the final touches on the table.


It was a fun day and the conversation was phenomenal, it was such a pleasure to be able to meet Tobi in person. Tobi is a true southern belle.


The Voya Restaurant did a great job with the food and the service – they even coordinated the menus with the theme of the invitations and place cards – thank you to Alexis Prince for all of her help.


Tobi and others 046

The finished table ready for guests.


Tobi and others 040

Tobi’s seat with a special present (Rogers Chocolates) and orchid corsage.


Tobi and others 042 A customized favour to celebrate Tobi’s love for tea

(Inside were three specially selected teas from Silk Road)


Tobi and others 050Amie de Toro, Echito & Michelle Morelan chatting up a storm.


image Echito and Tobi Fairley

Photograph via Brillante Home Decor - Albarosa Simonetti


We wish we were able to take more photographs, but we were a little distracted.


IN CONVERSATION WITH TOBI FAIRLEY

TOBI FAIRLEY

TOBI FAIRLEY BLOG




MEADE DESIGN GROUP - THE BLOG. Copyright 2007-2011

13 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

Looks like a wonderful time! The table was very elegantly set. What a special honor for Tobi.

Unknown said...

Ivan,

What a thrill for you both to meet. Now that's just great blogging and the results there of. Class all the way Ivan! I wonder how many other fellow bloggers have had a chance to meet. That would be a great blog post as well.

Bette

Michelle said...

What can I say Ivan...you have the most amazing taste of anyone I know! The table was beautiful, details were sorted, and it was a pleasure meeting a great interior designers like Tobi, Kimberly and Amy. Thank you for bringing us all together.

Of course, it's always nice to spend time with the talented Ivan and Echito as well.

Thank you, thank you!!! They should make a bigger word than thanks, so I could use it here.

Best,
Michelle

qerat said...

I looked forward to seeing this post since you told me about the brunch. Now I know what I missed.
Looks like you had a great time with all these wonderful designers and the setup is just beautiful.

Unknown said...

Oh that is so wonderful that you had the chance to meet her. She is incredible. I dont know how she manages a design firm, social life and a household. I live about 5 hours from her and hope to have the chance to meet her someday too!.

Unknown said...

Hi Ivan
Your talents as a Host are remarkable. The individual corsages for everyone, placecards, custom menus, gifts of tea at every setting shows your attention to detail along with your manners and saavy at bringing everyone together and creating an atmosphere for great conversation and networking. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the guest of honour, Tobi Fairley and was pleasantly surprised that we have mutual aquaintences in the "South". Being part of this great Blogging Community and getting to meet and form friendships with celebrity Bloggers is certainly one of the benefits of Blogging. Thank-you very much for facilitating this memorable event!!!
Kindest Regards
Patricia

echito said...

It certainly was a wonderful brunch! Thank you so much to all of the attendees for making the event all the more special and making such great conversation! Now you all know first-hand how well Ivan throws upscale and fabulous soirees, don't you think he could add another facet to his business model?

Brillante Interiors said...

Michelle and Patricia who were there with me said it so well that I can't add anything other than I felt privileged to be invited to such an event. Grazie caro amico!
Event planning as a new facet? Ivan, you are definetely a master already!

DesignTies said...

Ivan,

I'm a little late in responding but wanted to add my accolades!! Thank you so much for including me as a guest. Meeting Tobi and your other wonderful guests - and, of course, you(!) - was such a pleasure!! I loved my corsage and I've since enjoyed my angel tea... I felt like a truely special guest to have received these little tokens!

Hope to see you in the future!
Victoria

Maria Killam said...

Ivan, this was such a beautiful event and setting!
You could definitely add this talent to your list!

Tobi Fairley said...

Ivan,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for designing this beautiful brunch for my trip to Vancouver!! You thought of every tiny detail and the result was ultimate perfection!! I am not sure that I am deserving of the warm welcome, fantastic hospitality and lovely gifts that were bestowed on me!! But please know that I will remember it forever! I cannot wait to see you, Patricia, Michelle, Albarosa and the other fantastic people that I had the pleasure of meeting again really soon! You all have a special place in my heart and I look forward to many years of friendship with you all! I just hope you can make a trip to the south soon so I can return the favor! Much love, Tobi

Velvet and Linen said...

What a wonderful way to welcome Tobi to Vancouver.
It looks like it was a beautiful and fun event!

xo
Brooke

cotedetexas said...

Ivan - what a gracious host you are! The corsages are just the perfect touch. I want one! Tobi must have felt like a princess. This is truly inspiring.