Saturday 7 November 2009

Eye Candy of the Week – Mexico City Colours

 

Yesterday was my first day in Mexico City.  I have to say that I am really excited to be back in my country, to see family and friends and to enjoy what my country has to offer.  One of my favourite things in Mexico are the colours of my country which have been the link that have reconnected myself with my  own roots. 

 

Every time I ‘m back in Mexico City I noticed big changes in the city,  but maybe the nostalgic moment of the time was bringing back great memories of my childhood.

 

Today I want to share a different eye candy of the week.  Today’s candy is the vibrancy of the colours in my culture.  These are the colours you can see in one day.

 

Ciudad de Mexic 002 Morning Market in Anzures

 

Ciudad de Mexic 020Sculpture in Paseo de la Reforma

 

Ciudad de Mexic 052 Pedro Friedberg’s Ultrafamousr Hand Chair Sculpture

 

Ciudad de Mexic 047 Angel of the Independence – Paseo de la Reforma

 

Ciudad de Mexic 061“El Caballto” by Sebastian

 

Ciudad de Mexic 072 Day of the Death Altar – Downtown

 

Ciudad de Mexic 091 Mexican Dolls

 

Ciudad de Mexic 101My dessert of the day – Coconut Créme Caramel 

 

Ciudad de Mexic 104 Handmade Embroidery



MEADE DESIGN GROUP - THE BLOG. Copyright 2007-2011

7 comments:

Unknown said...

These pictures are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing them with us. I hope you will post more recaps of your trip. Have fun and be safe!

Brillante Interiors said...

Hola Ivan, enjoy your trip and visit with your family (mamacita). Never been to your city but I know how vibrant and extraordinary it is in any aspect, including the contemporary art scene.

Unknown said...

Ivan,

Bright spots in our heart are always there and waiting to Light the Way back for us.

This is what makes us so unique. And what our elders tell us about never forgetting where we came from.

We are like trees, growing, reaching and with deep roots. Your mind must be spinning with lots of details you never knew existed until this trip.

Thanks you for sharing with us!
Have an extraordinary visit.

Bette

Echito said...

Beautiful shots - and the dolls are very cute too!

Enjoy yourself Ivancito!!!!

PS - Did your fabric arrive safely?

qerat said...

I have always loved the light and colors of Mexico. Like it's people it is a vibrant beautiful and warm country.
Enjoy your trip.

DecRenew Interiors said...

Lived in Mexico City for 2 years and LOVED the color I was surrounded by. It was during my childhood years, but maybe that's why I'm so drawn to color now! Our past really does play a big part of our future. Have fun enjoying the culture! I'm off to Spain in 2 weeks so we'll have to compare photo's.

Ruthie

Michelle said...

I bet you bring more of this colour back with you! lovely...and that creme carmel...it's my favorite!