Sunday 15 November 2009

San Luis Potosi – My beautiful hometown

Often when people find an accent on my speak I get the same questions:

Where are you from?

I am from México

Where about?

San Luis Potosí

Where is that?

My hometown is actually the belly button of México.

 

In 11 years I have been living in Canada I have only encountered 3 persons who have been in my hometown. Today I have the opportunity to finally showcase some images of my favourite spots in my hometown, and I have to say that  the downtown core of San Luis Potosi is one of the most beautiful in the country.

 

My hometown as I mention before is the city of San Luis Potosi, the state capital, you will see unique architecture and can visit amazing museums with very interesting collections.   San Luis Potosi was founded in the colonial era during the mining boom. As you check out the streets and buildings, you’ll realize that the magic and charm of older times has been preserved.

 

 

San Luis Potosi 012 Theatre of the Peace – Neoclassical Style

 

imageEl Carmen – Churrigueresco Style Church

 

San Luis Potosi 011Contemporary Art Museum – MAC

Currently hosting the exhibition “De Picasso a Rothko”

 

San Luis Potosi 017 Metropolitan Cathedral

 

image Palacio de Gobierno

 

La-Lonja-2La Lonja – High Society Club

 

San Luis Potosi 016 San Francisco Church

 

imagePlaza de Aranzazu

 

image Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí

 

image Casa de La Cultura

 

 

Next time you visit México I invite you to visit my hometown

SAN LUIS POTOSI

 

.



MEADE DESIGN GROUP - THE BLOG. Copyright 2007-2011

13 comments:

Jaime @ DOXA said...

Wow, it looks like a wonderful place! Where would one fly into if to visit, also any hotels you recommend? Thanks for sharing Ivan!

Unknown said...

Ivan,
Thank You this was a great treat. Your snaps are beautiful!
Blogging gives us the forum for great bits of ourselves to be revealed even from where we're visiting/returning to. This was fresh and informative. Happy trails!

Bette

DesignTies said...

Beautiful, Ivan! I've always enjoyed architecture, particularly that of eras past... and your San Luis Potosi is filled with lots of wonderful buildings! I grew up in San Diego where they have some similar buildings. Love it!!
Victoria @ DesignTies

Brillante Interiors said...

Hola Ivan, what a treat to see those gorgeous buildings and under such a scenographic sky! Definetely a place to visit, like the whole country of Mexico, over and over again.
Gracias!

Dale at Hospitality Design Inspirations said...

What a beautiful town! I'd love to see it some day. I can see how it inspired you to be such a creative, visual talent. Bring back some sunshine with you!

Fargerike Dagny said...

Wow, it's stunning! Love how it has so many different influences. Some of it could easily have been here in Europe.

Jeff said...

Those blue skies are a wondrous backdrop to those stunning buildings. Wish I was there rather than now with the rain starting. And yes, please do bring back some of that sunshine!

Echito said...

I love how diverse it is - I really like the contrast of the stone building against that bright pop of yellow, fun stuff :)

COCOCOZY said...

Your hometown is gorgeous!

Coco
Cococozy
http://www.cococozy.com

Lisa Hebden said...

So, so lovely!

DecRenew Interiors said...

Love the architecture in your hometown. Mexico has such fabulous colors on their buildings and they are so inspiring. We are going to Spain this month and I can't wait to see the architecture and feel the culture. Lived in Mexico City growing up so it's in my blood.

Love your blog!

Ty said...

What an amazing place; love the architecture.

Michelle said...

Looks more than ideal Ivan! The photos really capture that great Mexican light...lucky you!

I bet your family was so excited to see you home.

Can you beleive I have never been to Mexico?

Take care,
Michelle