Monday 27 April 2009

X – Exhibition by Iván Meade at P.S. Gallery

Saturday was the opening of my solo exhibition – “ X ” at the renowned P.S. Gallery in Victoria B.C. Lots of friends, clients and colleagues came to show their support.

It was great to see everything in place and it made me very proud to see all of my work displayed so nicely and appreciated by the ones I care about most.

The exhibition will be running until the end of May so if you have time please feel free to check it out and leave a note in the guest book.


echito's bridal and exhibition 128 Object d’Art Pieces and Acrylic


echito's bridal and exhibition 142 Object d’Art – Acrylics – Black and White Pictures and Monotype


echito's bridal and exhibition 133

Artist Statement – Acrylics


echito's bridal and exhibition 137

Tempestas - Acrylic


echito's bridal and exhibition 135 You may recognize these pictures from the series Arena


echito's bridal and exhibition 139Terra, Solum and Ager Monoprints


echito's bridal and exhibition 148Femina - Monotype


echito's bridal and exhibition 171 Christian Barnard and Myself admiring my art


echito's bridal and exhibition 134 Object d’Art and some Acrylics


echito's bridal and exhibition 159 Christina & Claudia commenting on the stunning exhibition


echito's bridal and exhibition 156PS Gallery filled with excited spectators


echito's bridal and exhibition 179

Please! - No more flash - (lol)


Thank you very much to Laura and Trish for their great work being the cutators of the exhibition and everybody who attend the opening gala.


Efrén Quiroz from Exhibit - V made a great video of the "X" exhibition. If you want to know what is happening in the art scene in Victoria you definitely need to check out his blog.

X - Exhibition Video

Exhibit - V


P.S. Gallery and Place function+design

3690 Shelbourne Street – Victoria, B.C.

P 250.381.3488



MEADE DESIGN GROUP - THE BLOG. Copyright 2007-2011

16 comments:

Ryan said...

Congrats on what looks like a great show Ivan!

Echito said...

It was a great turnout and of course, a beautiful exhibition. I think it was put together really well. Congrats!!!!

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry I missed it!! Congrats Ivan, your work looks wonderful! Even better in person I'm sure...bummer...maybe next time!!

Brillante Interiors said...

Ivan, everything looks fantastic and I wish you a great success with your art. I will try my best to come to Victoria and see the exhibition.

Christina Stack said...

SO great Ivan! You have so many talents - and such good looking friends ;)

qerat said...

I wish I could be there :(
Looks like a fantastic party I love your work and have to tell you that we need close ups to better see your lovely work
I like the Tempestas and the first picture is beautiful.

custardbydesign said...

congrats on what appeared to be a great show...

DesignTies said...

Congratulations, Ivan :-) Having an exhibition of your artwork must be a huge thrill for you!! :-)

Everything looks fantastic, and all of the pieces are so nicely displayed :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

Running with Scissors Studio - The Blog said...

Well done Ivan - we wish you much success!

christian barnard land studio said...

A cohesive yet unique collection of work Ivan...well done.

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

Thank you very much for your comments and support. I agree with Christina all my friends and blogger friends are so good looking ;)

gh said...

Congrats on what looked to be a very exciting exhibit. Best wishes and much success to you.

Unknown said...

Hi Ivan
I knew your artwork would be fantastic!!!! Well done, you are very talented and creative. I agree with Qerat that we need close up shots. Do you have a web-site yet for your artwork? If not put that on your list of things to do and let me know. I would love to be able to purchase some of your work for clients. I wish that I had of been there for your opening....Congratulations
Patricia

Dale said...

Wow you're so multi-talented Ivan! Congratulations on the exhibit and well deserved accolades.

Koo and Poppet said...

I really enjoyed seeing the evolution of your work and I loved the latin influence. I think art is truest when it is inspired by our origins, and your work is a great example of this.
Thank you for inviting us to be a part of the opening!

DesignTies said...

I'm so excited for you Ivan - how thrilling to present your fabulous art in your own gallery show!! I'm loving the pieces you're displaying and only wish I could see them in real life.
Victoria @ DesignTies