Sunday 24 May 2009

The Loden Hotel - My home away from home.

If you are wondering why I have not been blogging lately is because I have been in Vancouver the last couple of days enjoying the wonderful weather and reconnecting with friends and colleagues and I have to say… practicing some retail therapy. Vancouver is definitely one of my favourite cities in North America, every street is open to magnificent views and one only has to look around to be inspired in this cosmopolitan and vibrant city.

Spectacular mountain and ocean views rub shoulders with innovative urban high-rises, stunning architecture intermingle with a vibrant cosmopolitan centre and its people embrace each other. Not surprisingly then, Vancouver is consistently ranked as one of the best cities in the world. Plus as bonus extra to make my visit even more enjoyable I stayed in what I now consider my home away from home in Vancouver – The Loden Hotel.


Fireplace-Loden

loden-lobby Lobby


This boutique hotel is poised at the edge of Coal Harbour, downtown Vancouver's premiere luxury neighborhood. The service has been always immaculate, the staff have always had the courtesy to greet me by name and the attention to detail is definitely a trade mark of what the Kor Hotel Group has to offer. Also Loden Vancouver is adjacent to many of Vancouver's most popular attractions-from museums and galleries to world-class shopping and numerous restaurants and even some of my favourite fellow blogger friends are close neighbors.


Loden-exterior Loden Vancouver


The rooms have in mind a current earthly palette of caramel, coral and chocolate brown. Loden's meticulously appointed and well planned guestrooms provide stylish repose and premium amenities including floor to ceiling windows and any gadget you can imagine for business nomads and leisure seekers.


loden-room-2 Guest Room


The bathroom is very spa like with a deep soaker bath tub taking center stage, flanked to the left by individually frosted glass enclosed toilet and a large Emperador marble shower. A long vanity will welcome you fully stocked with Molton Brown products – my newest addiction.


Bathroom-Loden Bathroom


The intimate Voya (derived from "voyage") restaurant and lounge in Vancouver at Loden, led by locally lauded Executive Chef Marc-André Choquette, will offer sophisticated food, spectacularly chic décor, a private dining room and a street-side lounge. An ice-blue room centre-lit by three sparkling crystal chandeliers evokes the sophisticated eateries of the '40s, rich with chocolate-hued upholstery, stunning inlay floors, boldly patterned screens, oversized mirrors and sleek white lacquered tables.


Voya-2

Voya Voya Restuarant


I really can't say enough about the Loden Hotel – I have stayed there 3 times already and I would recommend this hotel completely without reservation - It has to be one of the most sleek, comfortable, friendly, and accommodating hotels I have ever stayed. Well after all I named this hotel my home away from home in Vancouver.


Loden Vancouver
1177 Melville Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6E 0A3
+1.877.225.6336
604.669.5060


Website:
lodenvancouver.com




MEADE DESIGN GROUP - THE BLOG. Copyright 2007-2011

11 comments:

Diana said...

i love love that fireplace!

You definitely have a keen eye to find the coolest stuff.

Dale at Hospitality Design Inspirations said...

"...a current earthly palette of caramel, coral and chocolate brown"

What could be better!!

Glad you had a good weekend, it was nice to see you

Things That Inspire said...

Looks like a great place - the decor is masculine and luxurious. Vancouver is definitely high on my list of places I want to visit sometime soon.

Kids Activities Castle said...

I always visit Vancouver in the spring... I'm a bit late this year but will come down to Beautiful British Columbia next month and can't wait to stay at this hotel.

Brillante Interiors said...

Ivan,I am so sorry I missed you...next time let's plan ahead.
Loden Hotel is beautiful indeed and I am glad you enjoyed your, too short, stay in Vancouver (the weather behaved too)

Maria Killam said...

You know what happens when you blog about coming to a city that your blogger friends live in right? There is no hiding that you came to town and you didn't call, or write! (just kidding, you are on vacation!) There's still a cocktail sitting on our patio for you with your name on it next time you are in town!!

qerat said...

Seems like a great time Ivan.
Glad you enjoyed it and the hotel looks amazing. I am sure it looks better in real.
The room looks like a home bedroom

Unknown said...

The guest room is stunning!

Echito said...

The hotel is stunning and does have excellent service - to think we discovered it partially in part beacause we were commenting on how well the decor will flatter my skin tones lol!!!!!

Donald said...

While people may have different views still good things should always be appreciated. Yours is a nice blog. Liked it!!!

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

Thank you very much for your comment Donald - I appreciated it !