Sunday 15 March 2009

Eye Candy of the Week - Crystal Candy Set by Jaime Hayon



Pina Passion Vase


PRODUCT
Crystal Candy Set Collection for Baccarat

DESIGNER
Jaime Hayon

MATERIAL
Crystal

DESCRIPTION

The opportunity to research and exercise creative possibilities along with Baccarat led to the creation of the Crystal Candy Set.

The approach was guided by the search for exquisite color and material combinations. With these pieces, Hayon wanted to replicate the richness of fresh tropical fruit using crystal and other materials, such as ceramics.

Using a variety of textures and thicknesses, a new game of reflection has been accomplished with each of the 9 characters that make up the collection. Diverse crystal cutting techniques can be appreciated throughout the collection. They result in a series of soft, feminine shapes with touch of humor. Fruity inspirations are mixed with gem-like features: pineapples, pomegranates, golf balls and water drops are some of the ideas explored.

The pieces are a limited edition of 25.

CONTACT INFORMATION

Baccarat
11, place des Etats-Unis 75116 Paris

thais.boissy@baccarat.fr


YUMMY FACTOR
Sweet! ... Really Sweet!


Jaime Hayon


Sketches from Jaime Hayon



MEADE DESIGN GROUP - THE BLOG. Copyright 2007-2011

8 comments:

Brillante Interiors said...

Gorgeous objects.
Great design.

Michelle said...

Love these, and the sketches! I checked out their website, and they did that wonderful all white bath for an Italian bath company, with a laser cut mirror- I loved it!

Also, I have collected decanters for a while now.

Nice eye candy Ivan!

Maria Killam said...

I've never seen one like that before. I'm glad I an count on your site to keep me up to date!!

Kelly said...

Beautiful, and so unique!!

DEFINITELY great eye candy!!

Thanks for sharing :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Mixing the old with the new is always a hit with me :)

Bonnie said...

Hi Ivan,
Thank you so much for the super nice compliments on the room design I put together. You really made my day, week, and year! Thank you!!!!!
Bonnie :)

Mrs B said...

Hi Ivan
I also love the sketches...how nice would it be to frame it and have it as a piece of artwork in your home!
The decanter is just gorgeous but with only 25 being made, they are going to be a collectors item.
Mrs B

Unknown said...

How beautiful. Baccarat is the gift of choice for Kings and Queens. I wish someone would gift me with this beauty!!